The Ritemate and Pilbara Collection garment range are Australian operated and family owned Brands and we are proud to be “Supporting Australian Farmers” through our new Australian Grown Cotton Collection of high demand work shirts.
We are also excited to say that our range of Australian Grown cotton work shirts are 100% fully endorsed by “Cotton Australia”
Here are ten very interesting facts about our Australian Cotton growing industry:
- Australia cotton farmers produce the highest quality cotton in the world – breathable, strong, clean, soft and gentle on the skin.
- Australian cotton growers produce yields three times the world average and grow more crop per drop than any other country.
- Over 90% of Australian cotton farms are owned by Aussie families.
- There are more than 1200 cotton farms in Australia employing “5” times more people than the dryland cropping industry.
- Cotton is one of Australia’s largest rural export earners and helps underpin more than 152 rural communities.
- More than 99% of planted cotton in Australia uses bio technology – which has resulted in a 93% decrease in insecticide use since 1997.
- Australia only uses 100% locally sourced cotton seed.
- In an average year, Australia’s cotton growers produce enough cotton to clothe 500 million people.
- Australia is the “Gold Standard” and has an enviable reputation in the cotton world market as a reliable supplier of very high-quality cotton.
- Australia is the third largest exporter of cotton in the world.
By purchasing our specified and accredited Australian grown cotton brands, you will not only be supporting the local economy but you will also be supporting and encouraging Australian farmers.